CGaPS will undertake trans-formative research, engage with policy makers and programs, and develop human resources to facilitate gender equitable policies and outcomes in the social political and economic arena.
A society where all citizens especially women and the marginalized, are free to realize their social political and economic potential.
- Be mindful of the needs and rights of the marginalized and vulnerable especially women
- Recognize and acknowledge the importance of power dynamics in gender and class relations
- Participatory and collaborative
- Apply critical thinking and analysis to the objectives and work of CGaPS
- Be open to innovation in Seek innovative ways of
- Maintain integrity, openness and transparency in all its work.
- Economic Inequalities
- Gender Disparities
- Promoting collective action and voice of women (political participation)
- Democracy, governance and citizen participation
- Gender, Peace and Conflict
- Socioeconomic and political empowerment of youth
- Gender and sectors e.g. health/ mental health, higher education, law, environment etc.
- A vibrant research and advocacy center engaged in trans-formative research and practice, and in collaborative networks to highlight gender inequalities and facilitate gender equitable policies and outcomes in the social political and economic arena.
- A dynamic pool of individuals who apply critical thinking and analysis in their work to address socioeconomic and political inequalities.
Services offered: (need to rephrase it as this is what CGaPS expects to do)
A research hub offering technical research advice and services
A dynamic education, training and resource center
- Certificate short courses on gender, research methods and analysis etc
- Training on sector specific gender and development skills ( web based/ online and face to face)
- Training in quantitative and qualitative research methods and programs
- Online resource Center of relevant publications
- Fellow ship programs in the CGaPS areas of expertise and focus